Litigation Law Clerk
|Job Title: Litigation Law Clerk|
1. Draft and file the following with the court:
a. Initial pleadings (Complaint, Preliminary Jury Charges; Discovery Requests, Filing Forms, etc.);
b. Responses to Discovery Requests (Requests for Admissions, Interrogatories, Requests for Production of Documents);
c. Motions for Summary Judgement, Briefs in Support, Motions to Compel Discovery, Motions in Limine, Motions to Withdraw; Motions to Dismiss; other Trial Motions as required;
d. Other litigation documents and correspondence as required (Offers to Settle, Stipulations to Trial Calendar, Notices of Depositions, Subpoenas; Notices to Produce at Trial, Requests for Medical Bills and Records, Non-Representation Letters and etc.)
2. Involved in case study/legal research on the following topics: Premises Liability, Personal Injury/Motor Vehicle Accidents, Property Damage and etc.
3. Drafting legal memoranda on particular issues.
4. Perfect services to defendants by ensuring timely service by taking the following steps:
a. Prepare service packages (sheriffs entry of service form, initial pleadings, discovery requests) to be served upon defendant;
b. Mail/deliver service packages to the sheriffs office;
c. Follow up on progress with Sheriff;
d. After service has been perfected, file the sheriffs affidavit of service form;
5. Facilitate depositions of plaintiff/defendant, expert and non-expert witnesses by:
a. Confirming availability of parties;
b. Scheduling a Court Reporter (and an Interpreter if needed);
c. Scheduling a deposition meeting with the client and attorney 1-4 days prior the plaintiffs deposition;
6. Manage all litigation related incoming and outgoing mail and emails
a. Receive incoming litigation mail/email;
b. Name incoming correspondence in accordance with firms standard naming convention and upload into firms CRM Software (Growpath);
c. Print/file incoming mail/email correspondence into BI Physical File;
d. Name outgoing mail in accordance with firms standard naming convention and mail using Stamps.com software.
e. Scan and file outgoing mail into CRM Software (Growpath) and into BI Physical File.
Masters degree in Law (LLM) or Juris Doctor (JD) degree in Law, or any related field of study, plus at least six (6) months of experience in the job offered or in any related position(s).
Qualified candidates must also have demonstrable proficiency, knowledge, skill and experience (gained through employment and/or education) with:
Legal Research/Case Study platforms (Lexis Advance, Westlaw)
Tort Law (Negligence, Premises Liability, Malpractice)
Civil Procedure Process
No travel; no telecommuting
· Job Site: 5495 Jimmy Carter Blvd. Suite B-17, Norcross, GA 30093.
· Send Resumes To: 770GOODLAW, H.Q. NGUYEN LAW FIRM, LLC
· d/b/a 770-GOOD-LAW, Attn: HR, 5495 Jimmy Carter Blvd. Suite B-17, Norcross, GA 30093
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship