What is the job of a Paralegal?
Paralegal provides support to Senior Paralegal and the Attorney. Under the direction of the Attorney and a Senior Paralegal, resolves routine legal issues. Junior Paralegal assists in preparing legal documents, such as letters to court clerks, summonses, complaints, requests for admissions, interrogatories, and requests for production of documents, etc.
Core functions of the Junior Paralegal include:
- Assists in handling Intake
- Assists in locating defendants
- Assists in drafting Summonses and Complaints
- Assists in drafting discovery requests
- Assists in filing suit
- Assists in perfecting service
- Assists in creating and calendaring litigation deadlines
- Assists in responding to discovery requests
- Assists in pre-suit investigation – internet research, location inspection, etc.
- Manages Case Manager and Assistant Case Manager to move files
- Assists in preparing clients for deposition
- Assists in preparing for mediation
- Assists in preparing for trial
- Reports to the Senior Paralegal or Attorney.
A Junior Paralegal must possess the following traits:
- A positive mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to actively listen
- Diligent work ethic
- Exceptional organization skills
- High ability to collaborate and work in teams
- Excellent writing skills
- Mastery knowledge of the personal injury process
- Excellent knowledge of insurance laws
- Familiarity with the litigation process
- Familiarity of litigation procedures
- Familiarity with personal injury laws