The Good Law Scholarship 2019
770GOODLAW believes that ethics are important in every field, but they are essential to obtain justice. The Good Law Scholarship gives students the opportunity to delve deeper into this topic and express their thoughts and opinions on critical issues in the American justice system. Our hope is that this scholarship will encourage students to stand up against the ethics violations and injustices that they believe are plaguing the justice system in our country.
To apply for the Good Law Scholarship, students must research and explain at least one way that ethics are being violated, in your logical opinion, in the American justice system. Explain how you can help fight against these ethics violations. The Student who best describes their specific issue and their plan for addressing it will receive this $1,000 scholarship award.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant is currently enrolled or about to attend an accredited community college or university at either the undergraduate or graduate level within the United States
- High School students who will be enrolled in a college or university before the scholarship deadline are also eligible to apply
- Academic achievement as reflected by a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
A complete application for this scholarship will include:
- A Resume that includes up to date contact information
- A current academic transcript (We should clearly be able to see Cumulative GPA)
- A 1,000 word or less essay explaining ethical problems of our current legal structure and ways to improve it.
The scholarship will award $1,000 to one student selected by our scholarship selection committee.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must submit their complete application (resume, transcript, and essay) on or before November 30, 2019. All applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com with the subject line “[Applicant’s name] – Good Law Scholarship.”